The tarot is an art form that respects tradition yet constantly keeps evolving. Tarot spreads can be beautiful, complex, simple, and honest all at the same time. For the novice, learning how to spread and interpret the cards can be aided in their placement in a particular situation. For intermediate, advanced, and professional readers, spreads can be opportunities to connect to the questioner and the divine in a unique way. Read the rest of this entry →
Hi lovely readers,
I have always had an open door policy when it comes to asking questions about Paganism, Wicca, and Witchcraft. And that is never going to change as long as I run this blog. However in the past few weeks, I have received quite a few inappropriate questions, including nonquestions and (no joke) sexual propositions. Due to these recent queries, I am tightening Cauldron and Brew’s “Any Question?” policies. And here they are:
- State your question as the first sentence in the comment section. Then feel free to elaborate as much as you want about yourself and your situation.
- I do not give out spells. More specifically, I WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO CURSE YOUR EX BOYFRIEND. Or your boss. Or the cop who just gave you a ticket. Let’s trust in karma, people, and let the gods doll out the proper punishment.
- All inappropriate contact, including anti-Pagan harassment and sexual propositions, will be ignored. Repeated contact will be reported to the police.
- SPECIFICALLY FOR NEW WITCHES: First of all, mazel tov. Second of all, the most common question in my inbox is “I am a new witch; help!” If this is you, I need to know what you would like me to help you do. Do you want book recommendations? Do you want advice for telling the people in your life? Give me a specific, concrete question and I will gladly help you. For y’all who have no fucking clue what you want to ask me, by the end of business today there will be a tab under “Any Questions?” specifically for new witches. Read and watch that information first, then ask me any lingering questions. I will ignore any and all queries that clearly did not follow this policy.
- All commercial and business entities, DO NOT use this tab to ask questions. Use the contact information on my About page.
In advance, I thank everyone for adhering to these guidelines.
There is one thing I know about myself without a doubt: I thrive in groups. It’s weird because I am a huge introvert. But that second I find my people, I seem to blossom. In high school and college, I joined organizations and thus found other nerds and weirdos who were just as excited about Gustav Holst and environmental policy as I am. Read the rest of this entry →
As the moon turns, it is the tradition of some Pagans, Witches, and covens to anoint persons and objects with special ritual oil. In my practice, I have begun to develop a few blends for that very purpose. For the new moon, I concentrated my oil to the aspects of cleansing, hope, and renewal. Read the rest of this entry →
We are eleven days away from the Summer Solstice (otherwise known as Litha). Anyone else excited yet? To get everyone in the proper mood, here is a scent blend that’ll help you tap into the high energy part of the year. Read the rest of this entry →
HI lovely readers,
This weekend, Cauldron and Brew reached a huge milestone: it’s 500th subscriber! I am deeply thankful to all of my readers, long term subscribers and newbies alike. You have stood by me through two university degrees, four moves, a couple huge spirituality shifts, a four month sabbatical, and one really bad break up. Your likes, comments, emails, shares, and support mean so much to me. So pat yourself on the back (go on, you know you want to) and keep being awesome!
In the coming months, look for some brand new content. I’ve been studying up on and experimenting with herbs and oils, so be on the look out for way more incense and oil blend recipes. They’ll be more posts on sabat activities as well as esbat celebrations, especially Litha and Lughnasadh. And recently I have begun working with a circle of awesome Pagans and Witches in my area, so as I transition from a primarily solitary witch to a social witch expect some circle-related posts as well.
Also, I am announcing a call for guest writers. I’ve realized that my content has been largely limited to my interests, so I want to expand the content to give my readers the richest information on a wide variety of topics. So if you have experience with stones, community organizing, any Recon path, Pagan parenting, or any other topic that I have yet to cover, shoot me an email with a writing sample and a short bio about yourself.
So thanks again and happy reading!
Meditation is incredibly popular across many religions and spiritual practices. In the Pagan and Witch community, there is a strong correlation between mindfulness developed during meditation and several spiritual benefits: strong deity relationships, advanced psychic skills, more accurate spells, better ability to visualize, etc. Read the rest of this entry →