This post is the fourth of five posts about connecting to the Elements.
Water makes up over half of the human body. It is in the essence of what it means to be human in this life. It sustains life on the planet. In magical practice, the element cleanses and heals. Water is generally associated with the direction West and the color blue. Deities with strong associations with this element include Poseidon, Nerthus, and Yemaya.
- Rainstorms: Ever sit outside in a storm? The air vibrates with Water’s energy. If you want to stay dry, sit under a porch or open a window.
- Go to the Beach: While not everyone lives on a coast, there are beaches on lakes and rivers as well as on the edges of continents. Spend some time digging your toes in the sand, finding shells and sea glass, and splashing in the waves. During the entire trip, pay special attention to the sound of the waves. Meditate to the sound.
- Take a Long Bath or Shower: Take time out of your day to relax and enjoy. Buy some bath salts or shower gel in water corresponding scents like vanilla, coconut, aloe, rose, and sandalwood.
- Drink a Glass of Water: Replace one other type of drink a day with Water. Do this as often as possible.
- Feed the Fish: Local hatcheries or preserves sometimes have areas for people to visit and feed the fish. This can be a peaceful experience.
© Ariadne Woods