Today is a very special day. Not only is it Samhain, the most important Sabbat on the Wiccan Wheel of the year, but it is also the unveiling of a project Cassandra and I have been working on for a couple of months. Over the past weeks, we have both been graced with several blogging awards, but we couldn’t help but notice that none of the awards floating around were Wiccan in nature. And so, the idea was born to create an award specifically for Wiccans/Pagans/witches.
Thus the purpose of this award is to bring positive recognition to those bloggers who share their experiences on the less-traveled path, whether in the form of a journal or by standing up for themselves and others. Our award logo was a collaborate endeavor made with love that we are both very proud of. So without any further ado, onward to the details of the newest award to find its way to the blogsphere!
- Post the award logo within your blog post
- Thank the blogger who passed the award to you
- Answer the seven questions below
- Nominate five Wiccan/Pagan bloggers (If you don’t know five other Wiccan bloggers, nominate as many as you can)
- Notify your nominees of their pending award
- Give a short description of the blog/blogger and why you nominated them
- Stop by Ayslyn’s Corner and Book of Shadows to add your name to the list of bloggers awarded
- You may customize the questions as long as they are still Wiccan- and Pagan-related
- How did you “discover” Wicca/witchcraft?
- Do you grow herbs?
- Are you “in the broom closet”? If not, share your coming out experince
- What tradition do you follow?
- Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan or Pagan (or maybe something else?)
- How much of witchcraft/Wicca are you able to incorporate into your everyday life?
- Do you have a familiar? If you do, tell us how you meet him/her and how s/he takes part in your practice (if at all)
- How did you ‘discover’ Wicca?: Okay so I was sitting on my bed at home a couple of summers ago when it just clicked. I am a witch. At first it kind of freaked me out because of all the misinformation and misconceptions I had encountered about Wicca, but after doing some research I found it really was for me. I have been a witch ever since.
- Do you grow herbs?: I wish. I live in a dorm room, so I keep a few potted plants and that is it.
- Are you in the “broom closet?”: About half in-half out. My family does not know, but a lot of my friends do. My family is full of Christian evangelical clergy whom aren’t the most tolerant people in the world. I am not sure I will ever tell them mainly because they will not understand. My friends, however, have been overwhelmingly accepting about my faith.
- What tradition do you follow?: Eclectic solitary Pagan with strong Wiccan influences.
- Do you consider yourself a witch, Wiccan, Pagan, or something else?: Witch.
- How much witchcraft do you incorporate in your daily life?: I use my prayer beads with out fail every night. I used to do a small morning centering ritual too, which I plan to start doing again soon.
- Do you have a familiar?: Not at the moment, but hopefully I’ll find one when I start grad school!