A friend of mine is teaching a course on Wicca and asked all her friends to answer twenty-five questions to show the diversity of opinions within Paganism. I am posting my answers here not just so my readers can get to know me better, but also in hopes that other bloggers will answer these questions on their own blogs.
- What Do You Call Yourself?: A Witch
- Using Common Terms, Describe Your Path: Solitary Pagan with strong Wiccan influences
- Do You Draw from a Particular Path, Not Your Own, Frequently?: Reclaiming (i.e. the works of Starhawk).
- Any Path Intimidate You?: Shamanism is fascinating, but I don’t think I’m disciplined for it.
- Favorite Herb: Lavender
- Favorite Gemstone: Chevron Amethyst
- Favorite Divination Tool: Tarot
- Favorite Tools: Candles
- Favorite Sabat: Mabon, although I am stricter at adhering to the esbats.
- Favorite Season: Fall
- Favorite Pagan Book: The Spiral Dance by Starhawk
- Favorite Book with Pagan Themes: The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley
- Favorite Myth: Thor and Loki dressing in drag.
- Patron God/dess: Persephone
- Other Aligned Deities: Selene, Hecate, Janus
- Favorite ‘Pagan’ Saying: “From the Goddess we all come and to the Goddess we all return.”
- Most Commonly Used Offering: Either incense or beer
- Believe in the Rede?: Sort of; harm is relative and hard to define.
- Meditate?: Yes, using prayer beads
- Magic?: All of the time
- If Yes to 20, Dark Witchcraft, Light Witchcraft, or In-between?: In-between because I think dark/light is a matter of perspective.
- In or Out of the Broomcloset?: Half and half. Out to friends, in to family.
- Solitary or Coven Member: Solitary
- What Forms of Social Media Do You Use as a Pagan?: WordPress, Tumblr, and Witch’s Voice
- If I Wasn’t Pagan/Wiccan, I Would Be…: a Humanist.
© Ariadne Woods
PS: Anyone who answers these questions, can you please comment with a link to your answers so other people can read them? Thanks a bunch!