School is a balance of expanding the mind, communicating effectively, and dealing with stress. For the Witch, knowing the multifaceted element of this stage of life helps to create effective education spells. These are my top herbs when doing spellwork to help my studies. Any herb associated with remembrance and communication is also quite effective.
- Earl Grey Tea: This particular type of tea is blended with bergamot essence, which is known to stimulate the mind and to foster confidence. There is also enough caffeine to make this the perfect potion for all nighters.
- Grapefruit Peel and Essential Oil: Again, good for activating the mind and a great study aid. The essential oil version also is known for promoting joy and happiness, so a good choice to wear during classes you hate.
- St. John’s Wort: An age-old antidepressant, both medically and magically. It is known as the ‘sunshine herb’ for bringing light into dark situations and problems. I use this in spellwork when I have a difficult professor or administrator I need to confront. DO NOT take internally if you take any prescription antidepressants.
- Lavender: Very calming and relaxing. Use it to help with sleep problems that may arise with dorm living and with social stress.
- Lemon Balm: Associated with healing of the mind and success. I use this as a tea to wash away the stress at the end of a hard school day and as part of spells to help with a difficult assignment.
© Ariadne Woods