Finding love can be an arduous and difficult task. You look and search and come up with only frogs. Well, I am not saying I am an expert in dating (far from it). But I do have some words of wisdom.
- Don’t Feel Like You Have to Date within the Community: Just because you are a Witch doesn’t mean your partner has to be. A person’s personality and your connection to the person is more important than their religious affiliation.
- Come Out on your Own Time: I don’t tell every guy who buys me dinner I’m a Witch. Just the ones who stick around. My best advice is to play it by ear. And don’t be afraid to tell your special person about your witchness. If they leave you because you’re a Pagan, then they’re a jerk and aren’t worth your time or tears.
- Sleep With the People You Want to Sleep With (Within Reason): Yes, Witches are way more in touch with their sexual desires than most people. And most people outside of the community tend to know that. In my experience, that has led to a couple awkward situations of miscommunication and misunderstanding. Bottom line: if sex is your end game when it comes to dating, go have some fun safely. If your more into building a long term relationship with someone, then I suggest setting some boundaries early in the relationship and to make your likes and dislikes in the bedroom known early.
- Spellwork is Futile If You Do Nothing: You can do every love-attraction spell in the book, but it will yield no results if you just sit on your couch. Go meet new people. Expand your social circle, enriching your life with both dates and friends. If you are shy or introverted, consider internet services.
- Know What You Want: Before you begin your adventures in dating, I highly recommend looking inward and examining what you want from a relationship. Do you want to settle down, get married, and start a family? Are you looking to date casually or seriously? What role do you want in your romantic relationships? What would you be willing to sacrifice? Knowing what you want will not only make your path easier, but also more accurate to your spirit.
© Ariadne Woods