This is the first of a four part series with tips and tricks to connect to all of the aspects of the Triple/Four-Part Goddess.
The Maiden Goddess is the youngest aspect of the Goddess. She is wild, young, unattached, excited, and carefree. She is the Goddess of the wild, the flowers, and of the hunt. The waxing moon is her symbol. She represents all of life’s beginnings and possibilities. In classical and mythological lore, the Goddesses Kore (Persephone) and Artemis correlate to this aspect.
To connect to this aspect of the Goddess, consider doing activities that make you feel young again. Here are a few examples to really connect to Her:
- Go Dancing: Or rollerblading. Or trampolining. Just do something fun that makes you feel like a kid again.
- Take Risks: If you want to make some changes in your life (but perhaps have a little emotional baggage), why not tap into an aspect of the Goddess who is all about having new experiences? She is a huntress after all. If she wants something, she’ll at least shoot for it and see what happens. For example I find that when it comes to love, romance, and relationships, tapping into her energy is the perfect way to heal your heart and find someone knew to share your life if you have had a bit of heartache.
- Wear a Bright Color: This aspect of the Goddess is down right fun and funky. So why not pull out that turquoise scarf or magenta pumps and join her in being a little wild. If you like me are a bit muted in your clothing choices, why not try a piece of dramatic statement jewelry?
- Diffuse Flowery Essential Oils: A lot of classical Maiden Goddesses are associated with flowers. Try using rose, jasmine, and ylang ylang to tap into her energy.
- Try Something New: Never been to Spain? Or learned to kickbox? Or mastered Afrikaans? Well why not? Use her neophyte energy to start you on a new journey.
- Engage in Sexy Time: Why yes, the flower maiden does have a rather passionate side. Whether you have a partner (PSA: safe and consensual sex always, lovely readers) or not, infuse her passionate and carefree spirit into your sex life.
- Trust in Your Spirit: This is one of the greatest lessons from the Maiden Goddess. She know who she is and she isn’t afraid to be herself and to use her skills to make her life amazing. In the realm of trusting and loving the self, she is the ultimate example. Use her as a role model and live within your own spirit, whatever that means to you.
© Ariadne Woods