The intended audience of this guide is for close family and friends of Pagans who are brand new to Earth-Centered religions: parents, grandparents, siblings, spouses, partners, girlfriends, boyfriends, and best friends. While some of these materials are produced by the Pagan community for Pagans, this guide isn’t intended to convert you (Witches and Pagans do not prothletyze). It is more to give you a general understanding of your loved one’s beliefs.
Books: All of these publications are produced to explain the fundamentals of Paganism. The first two are for general reference, while the other publications are to characterize the history of Paganism in the United States and to discuss the legal rights of Pagans. All of these are easy to find in bookstores and your local library (if your branch does not have it, try interlibrary loan).
- Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religions by Joyce and River Higgenbottom
- Wicca: The Complete Guide by D.J. Conway *Just the first few chapters
- Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler *Again, just the first few chapters
- Pagans and the Law by Dana D. Eilers
Websites: These websites are shorter, more concentrated explanations of Paganism, including holidays and common terms.
- Modern Paganism Questions and Answers
- Pagan Awareness Network Australia Information Pamphlets
- Wiccan Holidays: Celebrating the Sun on the Sabats
- The Llewellyn Encyclopedia
Podcast Episodes and Youtube Videos: Its important to understand your loved one’s anxiety or reservations about coming out. The following resources are Pagans–including Pagan parents–discussing their experiences coming out and their paths.
- Another Pagan Podcast Episode 13: Familiars, Totems and Coming Out As Pagan and Episode 74: Coming Out Again
- PyperH “Explaining Your Path to Others“
© Ariadne Woods